In this video, I show you how to install and set up an Insteon Dimmer Outlet. I also show you how to connect the device to your Insteon Hub and create a scene that allows you to control the outlet from an Insteon Keypad.
This device works just like a plug-in dimmer module but it's permanently wired-in. It's great for hard-to-reach places like this shelf in my family room.
Insteon Dimmer Outlet
- World's First Remote Controllable Dimmable Receptacle!
- Winner of the 2012 Electronic House Products of the Year Award
- Elegant, built-in, clean and professional look for remote control of lamps
- One remotely controllable outlet and one standard (always on) outlet
- Tamper-resistant shutter mechanism for protection against improper object insertion and electric shock
- Controllable outlet supports “load sense” – manually switching load on (at load) will turn outlet on
- Auto-off, Over temp sensor
- Insteon Hub Pro enables this device to work with HomeKit technology
- This product is an Insteon Dual-Band device
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Insteon Hub required; Alexa device and Insteon Hub each sold separately)
- Also available in Ivory, Almond, Light Almond, Brown, Black and Gray
Shop for Insteon
If you're new to Insteon, I recommend starting with the Insteon Hub as part of a Starter Kit.
You can buy the Insteon Dimmer Outlet and other devices on Amazon or at Smarthome.